At SELAS, we have a deep understanding of the importance of environmental responsibility and our priority is to take actions to protect the environment. Sustainability is at the heart of our business and for every step of production, we take actions to sustain the environment’s natural resources for current and future generations.
As our publishing Department relies on the use of paper products, such as the printing of Maps, Atlases, Travel Guides and other publications, we do our best to ensure that our activities are conducted in an environmentally friendly way.
- For most of our printed publications, we use environmentally friendly products, such as biodegradable inks and recycled paper.
- We recycle all company waste, such as paper, paper cartons, ink cartridges, old printed material, electronic/electrical equipment, portable batteries, plastics, plastic bags, etc.
- Energy savings is an essential element of the company’s goals. Any purchase of equipment from computers, screens, lighting, air-conditions, heating etc, are energy-saving items.
- We educate people through our publications, articles and seminars to understand the importance of the protection of the environment and to live more sustainable lifestyles.
- SELAS has signed an Agreement of membership with Green-dot Cyprus , which is a Management Body of the Collective Management System for packaging and packaging waste within the Cypriot market. We adopt the message of Green-dot “We protect the environment, we secure the future”.
- We support charity organizations for The Nature Conservancy, conservation and environmental projects and tree plantations.